View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #8
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Exclamation

Please don't install this hack (versions 0.1 and 0.2), it will disable copying files over USB storage and as a result installing any hacks or updates (UPDATE ERROR: 3).
I didn't find out because I don't use the USB connection at all, I use sftp over Wi-Fi instead. Sorry for any inconvenience.

If you already did install it, here's how to get rid of it and make the user store usable again:
  1. Delete the whole directory 'freedownload' in user store
  2. Restart your Kindle
  3. Copy appropriate update_freedownload_0.*_k3*_uninstall.bin to user store then go to Settings and select 'Update your Kindle' in the menu.
  4. Restart the Kindle again
  5. Now your Kindle's user store should be OK again, you can check the filesystem for errors from your PC to make sure everything is all right

Last edited by dsmid; 02-14-2011 at 02:06 AM.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote