View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 06:24 PM   #23
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I understand there's always going to preferences. But I honestly think it's time that people start owning up to the fact that they're at least partly responsible for their own "imprisonment." By falling too much in love with certain formats, branding, screen technologies, DRM status, reading apps, fonts, kerning, styles, evil empires, buttons, haptics, collections, blah de blah de blah. It'd be like someone only being able to read a hardcover with off-white, deckle-edged, recycled paper on the second and fourth Thursdays of a month with an "R" in it before ebooks came along.

I just want buy books and read them. A tablet and a handful of apps lets mash all those garden walls flat and do just that. I've been done with making it hard on myself for a long time, now. Y'all can carry that torch without me. *shrug*

EDIT: please note that I'm not dismissing the importance many of these choices/features can hold for those with disabilities or special needs.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-11-2018 at 07:10 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote