View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 09:26 AM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I "believe" that the iPad would have sold just as well without the iBook bookstore. Leaving it as just an app with a "bring your own non-DRM ePub" flavor would have been great. Jobs could have said "no" to the Gang of 5.

Steve Jobs has caused ebooks to take a huge step backwards with the prices rising after all the other retailers were starting to lower their prices.

Several weeks ago I was having my car serviced and was reading my Kindle while waiting. A woman started asking questions about it because she was thinking of buying one and *she* mentioned how she had read about the coming higher prices. More people may be aware of the change than I thought but I don't think they all understand that Jobs opened the floodgates.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote