View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 04:46 PM   #13
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Okay,

I have no idea why the Info.plist entries are being ignored in Snow Leopard for calibre.app. Literally the only way I could get calibre.app to open up as an Intel (and not use Rosetta) on my Intel Mac was to do the following:

cd /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/MacOS
lipo -remove ppc calibre -output calibre.new
mv calibre.new calibre

Now, the program launches in half the time, the interface actually works properly, the calibre-parallel thread is used to do the work (unlike before). It still hits 100% of its cpu but on a multiprocessor system, it is just the one thread/cpu and the system stays quite responsive.

I am not sure why but from now on, I am going to strip out the ppc code from calibre so that it actually runs properly on my machine.

Just in case others run into the same thing.

Hope this helps,

Kevin
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote