View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 12:49 PM   #206
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Actually, I know of a few companies that are already doing this. Employees get money added to their paycheck every week as a technology allowance to be used to help pay for their cell phone bill, and in some cases their home internet as well. I would much rather have this, as it allows me to carry just one cell phone. Why would you want to have to carry two phones? Or do you have just the one for work?

Shari
Like ApK mentioned, when the company locks down your personal phone is when you want to have two. Bloated enterprise apps that take control of your device.

And this particular school doesn't plan on paying for the service, it will be a condition of employment.

Right now my company gives me a stipend which after payroll taxes pays for about 60% of my cell phone costs. A requirement to receive my stipend is that I install a resource-sucking mess of an email/calendar client to integrate with our Exchange servers. That app also gives them the ability to monitor, lock down, and wipe my phone.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote