View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #9
tmclough
Connoisseur
tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket PRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
Knitting, gardening, sewing, housework
Are those activities you do while reading, or listening (to audio books, etc.)? They sound to me like activities while listening; I'm looking for activities to do while reading.

If they are done while reading, please forgive my ignorance and enlighten me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
I sometimes will listen to instrumental music while I'm reading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I always have TV or music on while I'm reading.
I forgot to mention music. (My mind must have wandered. ) Instrumental music, or even white or pink noise, can be useful when in a room with a lot of conversations going on; the sound helps drown out what they are saying, but my headphones still let me hear when something important is being announced (and I can take them off then). However, even music isn't enough for me to concentrate on reading. It adds a nice background sound, but it doesn't really use much of the brain, the way, say, jigsaw puzzles do while listening to podcasts.

So, music is a good idea, just not good enough.

Any other suggestions?
tmclough is offline   Reply With Quote