View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #37
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
I toyed with getting a Kindle several years ago (before Kobo) but I refused to pay the same if not more than USA customers and not get the same offerings advertised.

There was a lot of services that was not available to Canadians. Then they came out with their "Global version" but by then I had already invested in a Jetbook as well as an Aluratek Libre Pro. Not e-ink but still and open e-book system. I bought my wife a Kobo touch last year and followed through with one for myself July past.

I was impressed with the Kobo Touch and as soon as the Glo came out I bought two. The only issue I had with the Touch was it's sluggishness when dealing with a very large number of books on board. This issue has been resolved with the latest firmware.

I like the Kobo products because they can access a wide range of sources, e-book formats and are very comfortable to use.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote