View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzelius View Post
1) When I set up the Saved Searches I had to leave them in the form such as tags:"=Non-Fiction", which, after saving, appeared as tags:=Non-Fiction in the Restriction box. I noticed that your examples did not have the tags=: bit. I am using Ver 0.8.67 of Calibre.
When you save you can name the saved search anything you want, see attached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzelius View Post
2) It seemed to me that using the Saved Searches box gave exactly the same results as using the Restrictions box in selecting a virtual library. Am I missing something?
A saved search views a subset of an existing library. Using that same saved search as a restriction and the saved search becomes its own virtual library. It is no longer a subset and anything you do is limited to this group. Note the difference in the Tag browser numbers and the total books in the library.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	name-saved-searches.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	91825  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote