Thread: Seriousness Astronaut Neil Armstrong has died
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #6
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I understand he was supposed to say "that's one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind." In the excitement of the landing he accidentally left the 'a' out of his sentence. Can't say I blame him though. He was the first man to stand upon the moon and anyone would be excited.
Actually, he said it the way he intended but the transmission garbled what we heard. A few years back (2009, I think) they brought out the tapes and cleared out the static and you can clearly hear the "a" in the sentence.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote