View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Ash-Tree Press Ebooks!

Now that specialized supernatural fiction press Ash-Tree Press has ebook editions, I've been buying a lot of their titles. Most of their print books are published in limited (but really nice, collectible) editions, usually around $40-49. Most of their ebooks are $5.99 or $6.99 -- available in both Kindle and ePub editions. You can also buy them directly from Amazon, B&N, etc.

You can buy them directly from the publisher here:
http://www.ash-tree.bc.ca/eBooks.htm

I bought a number of them this weekend, and I was wondering which books other members would recommend. I bought M. R. James and a lot of Jamesian stuff.

BTW their introductions and other extras are great. Even though I have lots of free editions of M. R. James stories, I had no problem paying for their M. R. James book because it included a great introduction, all the supernatural fiction, and some nonfiction.

The only downside is that their introductions are so lengthy and detailed that their samples on Amazon often end just before the first story starts. But the introductions are fascinating enough that I wound up buying some of those books anyway. I certainly learned a lot about E. F. Benson and family from the introduction of The Terror by Night.

Oh, and Tartarus Press also has some stuff available through Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...artarus+Press+
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote