View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #73
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Track your book lists in Google Docs!

So, I mentioned in the 2011 challenge thread that I use Google Docs to track things for me....if anyone wants to play with what I have done, here is a public link. (Read only of course, save a copy if you want to use it.)

Spreadsheet V5, September 2012: REMOVED

Mini Spreadsheet (Mini V5), October 2012: REMOVED. This version has most of the analysis stripped out and is a little faster to use. I will probably not update this version as often as the other since it is feature complete as-is. It does not include the yearly progress charts for inclusion in a signature, but those could be created if desired.

Please let me know if you use one of these! I would love to know what people think.

I am an engineer, so I have liked having more information than Goodreads gives. I also (so far) don't care about publisher/published date/etc, so those things (and anything else I don't care about) are missing.

I have left my information in for 2011 and 2012 to have data and show what the charts should look like, but 2013 is blank. Just delete the current 2011/2012 sheets and duplicate/rename the 2013 sheet to enter your own books.

There is an instructions sheet, but it is minimal. I have used this as a means to learning Google Docs Spreadsheets, so not everything is done as efficiently as possible and I am not going to provide tech support. (Exceptions at my discretion. )

Edit 5/23/12: I had included a "progress bar" for inclusion into a MobileRead signature, but it has been having problems. It appears that unless the spreadsheet is open somewhere the bar does not always work. I have removed this feature for now. Of course, since I tested it while editing the spreadsheet I never saw this until today. Doh.
Edit 6/25/12: I updated this to account for some changes on Google's end that broke some functionality. Should be easy to import from V3 to V4.
Edit 9/13/12: Updated to V5 with additional functionality and bug fixes.
Edit 9/25/14: I removed the links to the files since they are very out of date. Send me a PM if you want access to a working and updated file.

Last edited by Dazrin; 09-25-2014 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Links removed.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote