View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
That's one possible solution.

I'd like to see the whole library management area re-thought. There is no (good) reason for the epub books we drag and drop onto the Kobo or the SD card to get put into the sqlite database. It just clutters it up and, right now, requires some extra programming to remove books from the database when they get deleted from the Kobo. And if we have a lot of books on an SD card, it takes a long time to 'process' them, and they don't get removed if we change SD cards. That particular use-case was not well thought out, in my opinion.

I realize that the current library display uses the sqlite database as its key resource; but a file system is a database also. The sqlite database seems to be an integral part of the Kobo download format, inherited from the chapter at a time model from Shortcovers, but it isn't required for epub books, and makes them harder to manage.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote