View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 12:21 AM   #544
Vaesse
Zealot
Vaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Let me start by saying, I LOVE your plugins, as they have made Calibre and my Kindle much easier to use. However, I think I may have found an issue with this plugin. It's hard to pinpoint, because I only really notice it in conjunction with meme's Kindle Collections plugin.

For a while now (exactly how long, I don't know), I've had a problem where my Kindle seems to "lose" plugboard data when sending books to the Kindle via Synch on this plugin. Here's how it works:

- I send one or more books (in or out of series) to my Kindle via Reading List Synch.
- It auto-creates collections and auto-resets my Kindle.
- When the Kindle comes back up, all of my Series based collections have disappeared.
- When I reconnect my Kindle to Calibre, it shows all the proper books in both library and device mode, but it doesn't seem to realize that they are the same. (Library mode shows books not on device. Device mode shows books not in library.)

I have a plugboard that prepends series information to the title, so as to properly sort books within series. This information DOES show in the title on the Kindle. However, it also shows in the title on device mode (which gives it a different title than the same book in my library, which has the series in the series field, not the title). If I manually remove all the effected books (to avoid duplicates) and then use Send to Device, then manually trigger collections, there is no issue and everything works the way I'd expect it to.

For a while, I thought there was a table behind the scenes somewhere that indicated correlation between name after the plugboard and name in library that was getting corrupted. This seemed more likely, given that the "send metadata to device" job frequently didn't complete properly. Tonight, however, I added just one book to my device (not in a series), the jobs all finished successfully, and I still had the same problem. Given that this problem effects about 2500 books, and I lose my place in any of them I've started or completed (more than a few, as I'm a fast reader and often read several books at the same time), it's a pretty big nuisance.

Is this something you want to try to figure out with me (I'm willing to do what it takes to track down the issue if it means it's likely I can get everything running smoothly again), or should I just avoid using the Synch feature? If I'm the only one effected, I understand not wanting to spend the time or energy to track it.
Vaesse is offline   Reply With Quote