View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #38
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
P.S. I'm not so sure it shaped me as much as illuminated what was important. But maybe there isn't much difference when you're young and impressionable.
The best influences, literary or personal, are those that help you figure yourself out. It's not about changing your mind but helping you identify/express what you are comfortable with.

Some people do adopt entire belief systems out of a book or a group but that is rarer since it means they are uncomfortable with the whole way they were living. Very unhappy place to be.

Most people tend to evolve worldviews over time, a bit here and a bit there, and don't switch them in oe fell swoop. Those self-help book reviews--"It changed my entire life!"? They better be hype!
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote