View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 05:55 AM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Bean View Post
I meant to get back to this thread. My advice . . . stay clear of Orangberry. A total waste of time and money.

If memory serves, I was supposed to get 20-something reviews. Orangeberry even sent me a list of all of the tour stops, including the bloggers who had agreed to do reviews, and the dates on which they would appear.

All that got posted during my tour was the author interviews they asked me to fill out beforehand. I got zero reviews from their bloggers. After numerous inquiries, toward the end of the tour, the owner told me she was ill and that's why the reviews didn't happen.

Not wanting to stress out someone who was seriously ill, I let it go. But I couldn't help to wonder why her illness stopped twenty independent bloggers from reading and reviewing my book. Could the owner of Orangeberry and all of the bloggers on the tour be the same person? I asked myself. I cannot prove it with the evidence at hand, but I'm satisfied that I know the answer to that question. Anyway, she offered no refund or remedy. The tour generated zero buzz and probably zero sales.

Edit: a forum member just PM'd me to say that the owner of Orangeberry has started a new tour company called Booktour.tips. Different name, same story, so beware.

Booktour.tips and Orangeberry Tours . . . just don't.

Sorry you had a bad experience with this scammer.

Yes, I would call that a SCAM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote