View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 07:21 PM   #6
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
@kakapo: I have the same problem. I was wondering if the problem is on the host computer side, because the connection still shows in ifconfig, but reverts to the default values for IPv4 and HWaddr.

I keep multiple kindles connected so I can test my code on different models. I have had to reassign their IPv4 and HWaddr so many times I decided to write the 'mntusb' script mentioned earlier (and posted in the "Hacks / Mods" sticky forum).

One possible clue -- some kindles disconnect more frequently than others. Perhaps there is a problem with the periodic "Plug&Play" usb device polling messing up the usbnet connection...

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-22-2011 at 10:07 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote