View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 02:12 PM   #32
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I hate the Yankees, but civic pride overcomes my distaste for them when they reach postseason play. I NY.

My heart belongs to the Mets; they are my cross to bear. I was a fanatic in mid-1980s--the glory days of Hernandez and Carter, Strawberry and Mookie, Gooden and Darling. Now, I'm a casual fan, so I don't tear my hair out after every screw-up and blown game.

Baseball is polite and civilized. Everybody gets a turn, it's slow enough so one can assess and discuss every decision and play, it's not necessary to have an announcer tell you what's happening on the field, a game can go on forever. Your team can be down ten runs in the bottom of the ninth and still win, so there's always hope, not like games with a clock where the team can just run out of time. Players come in all shapes and sizes. There's tension and edge-of-your-seat suspense on every pitch. No other game comes close.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote