View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 10:56 PM   #9
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
Thanks for such a detailed post. I have watched Insomnia. But I thought Shawshank Redemption and The Body were short stories. I will try Needful Things. I'm psyched for Salem's Lot!

I loved reading Pet Sematary. What's your opinion of it?

I used to love most books in the past, but ever since I had e-books I became picky. Whenever I try to force myself to read an unappealing book I would get unhappy. That's why I asked about this. I think we might have similar taste in King's books. I also gave you some karma.
I loved the first two-thirds of Pet Sematary, I thought it was going to turn into a favourite ... but then the last part turned into the sort of schlock horror that I don't much like. I ended up giving it a 3/5.

Which reminds me, I will add that I ended up giving 11.22.63 a 4/5 despite the fact that the last few pages felt like a cop-out. Everything up to that point felt like the King I knew and enjoyed from many years earlier.

I have slowly become better at dropping books I'm not enjoying, I used to be quite obsessive about finishing. And I think you're right, e-books have helped. There are just so many books so easily available that I don't have to worry about what I'm going to read next. I don't pay a premium for anyone except true favourites, everyone else can wait until the price comes down because I have more than enough to keep me busy. Thanks for the karma.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote