View Single Post
Old 10-21-2021, 08:00 PM   #21
BoomStickMuppet
A person
BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoomStickMuppet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
I'm curious, will this device allow for side loading ebooks, eg from calibre?

And will google try to prevent ebooks that aren't bought through its store from being loaded? (Perhaps questions of a premature nature at this point)

Edit
The only time I allow my kobo ereader to be on the internet is during the initial setup, I update the firmware using the cord, and looking at all the info on this device it seems to have a greater net dependence than I'd want. What a pity, I'd love a colour dedicated ereader.
Well, if it is like any other android device I don't think so. I use the koreader app on both my Android phone and Android tablet and I can load whatever books I please. According to a review of the device by goodEreader you will be able to side load whatever apps you please.

But I will let you know for sure when I actually receive the device. At this point they haven't even asked for my address yet.
BoomStickMuppet is offline   Reply With Quote