View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 09:25 PM   #23
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
OK...I was a little worried there that I had downloaded, and NOT installed, the new version...and was re-reporting an old problem. (The original report in Ver 1.6) I think when BeckyEbook mentioned she also had a problem it focused on the find/replace aspect and I didn't follow-up with the other part of the bug.

I just confirmed that the other part is still present in windowsx64 version 1.7

Easy steps to replicate what I was talking about before:
- Open an html file that is "longer" than your preview window
- Preview displays the top of the file (img1)
- Scroll the code view down a bit; such that the preview will reposition when you click in code view...and click in code view
- Preview updates such that the point you clicked on is roughly in the middle (vertically) of the preview pane (img2)

So far all of this is normal and expected behavior.

- Now edit the code view...either by changing the text (such as adding a space), or deleting/changing a class/style, etc.
- Preview "refreshes" and the point you were editing is no longer in the same position (vertically). Most often - for longer chapters - the position you are editing is no longer even visible in the Preview window. (img3)
- If you mouse-click on the same position you just edited, the preview window refreshes again putting that point roughly in the middle (vertically) of the preview window. (img4)

The same thing happens when you click on the style sheet tab, or ctrl-click on the class name. The Preview window will "refresh" to some other position - most often, for longer chapters, to a point where the position you were editing is no longer in the preview window. (img5)

When you make a change to the style sheet, the preview window will do a "double refresh"(???) It will flash to show the point you were changing, but then immediately refresh again to show the same (wrong) point it had previously.

This makes it slightly difficult to see the effects of your css edits until you go back to the code view on the html sheet and click on the point to re-sync the preview pane.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img1.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	188465   Click image for larger version

Name:	img2.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	188466   Click image for larger version

Name:	img3.JPG
Views:	113