View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 12:07 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
<snip> and plain text is horribly limiting, in that you lose all the formatting. If it supported, say, basic HTML rather than text, then it would be 1000x better!
I do agree. While txt is universal, it does have limitation as you say. An HTML viewer and a re-flowable PDF viewer would make this device as you say 1000x better, even given the current price. Mobi or eReader support would even be better.

However, when I was asked I was told there are no plans to support Mobipocket or eReader. However, perhaps this thread will make them reconsider. I did provide the head of sales who provided the eval unit to me a link to my review on this thread.

BOb

PS: I actually went back to my Sony 500 yesterday after sending the Jetbook back... the screen seems a bit blury after using the Jetbook. The Jetbook screen really is sharp and fast. I think perhaps the Verdana font on the Jetbook is nicer than whatever the default font on the Sony is... Arial I think.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote