View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 05:11 PM   #45
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
The tablet I'm considering for reading at home is the Samsung Tab A 10.5 inch, 2018 version. (Even though I dislike Samsung as a brand... it's the only tablet that has been recently released, and has Android 8.1.)

It comes in at 529 grams, 26cm wide, 16.1cm high, and 0.8cm thick.

Let's say that this is A LOT smaller and lighter than something like my illustrated LotR:

IIRC, it weighs in at 1600 grams, and according to Amazon sizes it should be 34cm wide, 26cm high, and 3.4cm thick when opened in the middle.

Compare:
Tablet: 529 grams. 26 x 16 x 0.8
Book: 1600 grams. 34 x 26 x 3.4

Y U complain about tablet size?
Well, I've never been a fan of hardcovers and almost never bought them, except non-fiction books with large color photos. Hardcovers are hellishly uncomfortable to read, imho.

So yep, a tablet weighing 500 grams or even 300 grams is way too heavy.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote