View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 08:33 AM   #36
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
Blue light is bad for your eyes. So if you get early MD you will only be listening to audio books....we constantly stare at blue light all day...(tv, interior lights and just about any light) do you really want to stare at your phone 24/7??
None of my monitors or screens emit a lot of blue light.

I was in photography from 2003 to 2014, and therefore I got to appreciate 6500K screens as the top of the color temperature range. All of my screens are set, or even calibrated, to 6500K for day use. When using screens in the evening, they're warmer, dropping down to 5000K or sometimes less.

I've been using warm-white and/or yellowish screen settings YEARS before Sunset Mode / Night Mode / Save your eyes was made a hype by f.lux in 2009-10, and before OS-es included them by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's winning here too.

I got a free phone a few months back. It's a Alcatel PixiGlory I never expected it to replace my Kobo eReader or beloved Firephone but it has. Like you I read with Moon+ Pro. It has 5.5 inch screen. It's the perfect size. High PPI and easy to hold in one hand. No distractions because that's all I use it for is to read. I disabled everything else.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
It's the first thing I do. I disable everything on every phone/tablet I've owned, as soon as it came out of the box. I removed all software I don't use. Therefore I actually prefer phones running stock Android, and have good update policies; that's the reason why I use and recommend Nokia nowadays.

Spoiler:

HMD created a master strategy here: a company created by old Nokia phone division employees, right NEXT to Nokia itself, in Finland (So they can say "Designed in Finland, assembled in China" instead of "Made in China"), then it bought all the Nokia rights from Microsoft/Nokia. Now they build phones like a tank, running stock Android, and as soon as an update is released, each and every phone will get it witin a month or so. Also, the phones perform well, and don't cost €1000; something like a Nokia 6 2018 (or Nokia 6.1) starts at around €239, and you'll get a very good phone for that money.

On a new computer, the first thing I do is blast Windows to smithereens (after making a full disk image first just to be sure) and install it from scratch using an ISO downloaded from Microsoft.

Last edited by Katsunami; 09-16-2018 at 08:44 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote