View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 10:11 AM   #13
dicknskip
Zealot
dicknskip began at the beginning.

Device: iPad V-3
Some very interresting input. Thanks guys. That .css file worked very well when I used .lrf as a target. I did some cleanup work with Quanta plus and regular html commands and then converted from html to .lrf through Calibre. All the css tags worked well in that workflow.

I decided to try the open format ePub. Being a Linux guy I thought that was a good idea and Sigil appeared much easier to use for Meta-data and TOCs than raw html. Calibre appeared to handle both formats well. The Sony device handled the font sizes and such well in the .lrf format, but I guess they use different code to display lrf than they do for ePub as the ePub did not handle the font size, indent and such well at all.

I'm going find a small file, or create one, and then do a wokflow ending in an .lrf and the same text into an .ePub and look at differences. I'll also try ePub with no css and using the Calibre conversion settings. It might take or day or so, but I'll get back here and tell my experiences when I'm done.

A question, importing to Calibre always creates a new copy of the book file. Is this simply a copy or is it always put through the Calibre conversion process? I'm not sure if that's critical to this discussion as the view feature of Calibre shows the ePub file with my css settings applied. They only appear to be replaced when it gets download to the Sony.

I mentioned the firmware version of my Sony above. Do you know if their is a newer one and how I might get it and load it from Linux? If there's a thread about that you could point me to I'll do the reading and the work.
dicknskip is online now   Reply With Quote