View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 04:15 PM   #53
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyckBook View Post
Well here's another editing faux-pas that drives me crazy. Adding 's to the end of a word that already ends in s. For example Collins's book should be Collins' book. At what point am I no longer just correcting minor editing missteps for legibility and peace of mind; and am now trying to hold back a tidal wave of global ignorance?
I agree, but i think its become the standard, at least in fiction, to the point that i do it, eventhough i dont like.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote