View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 09:37 AM   #5
Galunid
Zealot
Galunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: KPW3, Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slople View Post
Great information, Galunid! Thanks so much.
Basically we want to install xctrack.org flight software on the e-reader. It already works perfectly on those devices when connected to external sensors (baro, GPS) via bluetooth, no problem. But I want to hack a wired device together, using a baro/GPS that can be connected by serial.
Many advantages in doing this:
- only 1 battery
- wired connection more reliable than wireless / bluetooth
- pack everything in one new case

I already did the same with Kobo e-readers, but xctrack needs Android, and a color screen would be super fine.

Thanks for the hints about rooting. When I search for "Deep Flash Cable" I mostly find references to Xiaomi phones, are all those cables the same or what do I need to pay attention to?
And should it be possible to backup the device first using dd on the boot partition, should I need to reverse the changes / rooting?
Yeah, those are the "Xiaomi" cables, it should work on devices running Qualcomm SoC, which I believe it does, although I have no way to confirm it. You can make this cable pretty easily, the idea is to short something in the USB line, there are plenty of tutorials online
I'm afraid that's as far as I can help you
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote