View Single Post
Old 08-27-2022, 11:31 AM   #10
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But you do have to blame whoever was in charge back then for agreeing to this useless renaming. So really, it's the fault of the boss.

If someone came to you with such a bad idea and you agreed, then you would be at fault.
Oh, no argument. But I will confess--being Da Boss means that on occasions, you do agree to stupid sh*t. You're distracted, or you're overwhelmed, or some crap like that and John/Jane Doe says "hey, boss, let's do this" or "I'm working on A instead of B" and your head does the Bobblehead Dance and the next thing you know, you're looking for someone to kill for such a damned dumb decision. It happens. I wish I could say it doesn't, that I'm some mythical perfect boss, but...it happens.

Doesn't excuse the fact that those morons, with god-only-knows-how-many-layers-of-management, actually implemented this. At least at my place, there's only one management moron that does stupid crap--the one to whom you are speaking--and most of my crew know that they can (and they DO!!!) tell me not to do stupid s**t when needed.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote