View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 11:41 AM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
My understanding is that when the iphones are purchased, customers have to sign a contract agreeing not to do this kind of stuff. If that's correct, they'll get no sympathy from me. You can hate rules and restrictions or even the companies that rely on them all you like. But if you're going to do business with them, you should be prepared to abide by those rules or else suffer the consequences with a little dignity (i.e., don't go whining about it).
I know a couple of Iphone owners, and they said they did not have to sign a contract.

But it is true that there are clauses buried in the warranty that specifically excludes from the warranty coverage any damage if you install unapproved third party apps.

Refusing to cover unauthorized apps is understandable; releasing an upgrade that freezes all Iphones with those apps is something else. They have set themselves up for a class action lawsuit. They will likely lose the suit because I bet they bricked the Iphones deliberately.

But nevermind the lawsuit. What they have done is a PR fiasco, and it will soon grow to be a major PR clusterf***. I give it two weeks before Apple caves, apologizes, and releases a new update that won't brick your Iphone.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote