View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 08:56 PM   #8
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Well, I might just pick one up when it arrives in stores next Wednesday. I have tried a larger display (the Kobo Aura HD) but ended up going back to 6 inches. Personal taste, of course, but 6 inches feels like the sweet spot for me.

Moreover, my first eInk device was the NST, so I have a soft spot for these Nooks. I also want to support competition when possible.

The Glowlight 3 has Android 4.4.2 as its OS. There could be a way to install an app or two on it - possibly by adb. I'll do a little mild tinkering with it and find out.

I also emailed B&N, for what it's worth, to suggest that they consider setting up the Glowlight to make it easy to install a few apps - not games and videos, but apps that are primarily about reading. Take Instapaper, for example. Or Wikipedia. If B&N did that with their Nook, they'd have a feature that neither Kindle nor Kobo offer. It could be a good selling point, if marketed intelligently.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote