View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 02:41 AM   #24
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
this is my ( not 100% complete )summary of the various controls. pasted from a word doc so formatting may not be great
BUY FROM - video - MP3 - kindle store
Smart TV app - pin n/a n/a
Fire TV stick - device pin ? n/a
Fire tablet - …. Tablet password ……
Android tablet
amazon Video app - pin n/a n/a
amazon Shopping app - ? ? ?

Kindle voyage - n/a n/a password

NB in Amazon speak, the PIN for amazon video is set on web site and applies to all devices. it can be for purchases or also for age related content. the default is No pin.
a newly bought fire TV or Fire TV stick has no device PIN - you have to set it.

Voyage password is done within parental controls on the device
i have never actually bough bought a video via Fire TV stick - logically it should ask for the device PIN and then for the web site video PIN.

I don't buy audio books - I do worry that they are on one (accidental ) click to buy from a Kinlde or Kindle for Android app

Last edited by stumped; 12-20-2016 at 02:45 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote