View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 11:32 AM   #18
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
And ... not sure why you (Zod) say the Aura is closer to the Basic than the Paperwhite (212 Carta resolution instead of 300? — the Basic is 167 Pearl).
I say that because it is. The Aura Ed 2 is a subpar reader that was dinged in all reviews for being behind the times when compared to the similarly priced offerings from Kindle and Nook. Here's the titles from the first three reviews that had more in their title than 'Aura Edition 2 Review':

It’s better than Amazon’s baseline Kindle, but it’s a lot more expensive

Kobo Aura Edition 2 is Going to Be a Total Flop

Kobo Aura Edition 2 Review 2017 • A Few Steps Back?

At $99, the Aura Edition 2 feels like it is priced correctly. At $120-ish, why should I buy that when I can get the nicer Paperwhite or Glowlight 3?

Apparently, Kobo agrees, hence the release of the Clara, which is a nice reader that can better compete with the current Paperwhite and Glowlight.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 08-22-2018 at 11:34 AM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote