View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 12:18 AM   #38
gteague
Zealot
gteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toys

Device: kindle v1.0
when i first got mine, i moved 2500+ from calibre onto my new oasis and it took about 24 hours, so yes, 100 per hour is about right. for 12 of those hours i left it on the charger as it did indeed drain the battery in one day.

since then i decided to clean my entire calibre library up along with my docs on the kindle web page, so i'm now going one-by-one through my files and fixing all the metadata. i only got about 75 done today so it's going to be a project that stretches well into winter. but it does allow me to move less than 100 files at a time back onto the kindle.

btw, the oasis remained stable and responsive for me throughout the indexing process even though i was poking and prodding the new toy for hours. i've pulled this same stunt with previous kindles and they flat vapor-locked.

/guy
gteague is offline   Reply With Quote