View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 05:42 AM   #51
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm curious as to why you want a device with a touch screen; the very last thing I want to do is to read from a screen with fingerprints all over it. I far prefer hardware buttons to a touch screen for reading.
I wants a touch screen. Just look at the iPhone and its photo viewer. Imagine how it would feel like if you could scroll through a document by skimming with your fingers over the display...

I never had much problems with fingerprints on a decent screen material, and decent clean hands I don't know, when I was a kid (25 years ago) touch screens seemed to be the next big thing, when functions keys were slowly becoming and old idea, and not the hottest thing. Somehow it developed differently, I guess since people don't feel comfortable by touching around a screen on eyes height. The mouse took surprisingly over as next big human interface technique. Now the handheld devices are gaining popularity (and eReaders are handhelds) maybe touchscreen is getting is breakthrough 2 decades after their first hope. At least I don't feel a mouse to be a comfortable pointing device for eReaders..
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote