View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
So basically you are saying that iriver customer service (and not you) soldered T1, T2 and GND? It could be the serial console as that needs three pins (one for sending, one for receiving, and gnd).

That would be interesting news, if they actually succeeded debricking the device with it...

I have my doubts though, as the monstrous blob of solder they put on the GND area looks a lot like someone didn't know whatever the heck he was doing. And T1 and T2 are not just one but two pads each. So that doesn't seem right either.

It could be JTAG but there already are labeled JTAG pins on this board (TCK, TDI, TMS, TDO, TRST) which aren't soldered. I tried soldering those but failed because they are so small.

Does anyone else have a debricked Story HD from customer service and would be willing to open it up and make a good picture of the PCB? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143798

Last edited by frostschutz; 06-15-2012 at 10:31 AM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote