View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 02:23 AM   #78
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Life moves slowly for the characters in an E M Forster book. I don't think the characters can handle a faster pace.

I seem to recall in A Room with a View that every time something happened suddenly, the main character seemed to swoon and her peceptions of the event seem strangely muddled and incoherent.

That said, I love the way his characters always make me smile with their observations on other people, on life, on a country, on almost anything.

Contrary to those who claim his writing is out-dated, I do tend to see parallels in my own life.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote