View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 09:40 PM   #8
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileTechReview View Post
This is definitely a bug with the Nook Touch losing track of the SD card. <snip> I was about to tap on a book in PDF format to show PDF handling and it was gone (along with all other books on the card). When this happens, I remove the card and re-insert it and it comes back.

Happily, I haven't had problems with it losing last read position in side-loaded books, but I do always exit to the home screen before connecting USB.
<snip>
That happened to me my first day. I rebooted the nook and the SD card contents came back. I didn't have anything in shelves, yet. I'm wondering if something is making the nook dismount the card when it's not supposed to?

I go back to the home screen before I put the reader to sleep and before connecting to USB. I don't know why I do that; it's just a habit I've had since my Kindle 1 days.

p.s. that was a great video.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote