View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #47
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The default layout of that dialog will always make it most convenient to edit the basic metadata. I may consider making the layout dynamic to accommodate people with small screens/lots of custom columns, but that's going to be rather a lot of work.
Actually, the default layout is quite inconvenient for me. I seldom (almost never) edit covers, comments, and formats. I edit the other metadata with much higher frequency, with the custom columns having the highest (priority & status for two readers, followed by rights). The next in line is rating as I read books, then series as I discover mistakes, then dates also for mistakes.

Finally, and I fully admit this is highly subjective, I think that the current layout is not visually attractive. I could be helped if there were a spacer that pushed the standard metadata up eliminating the spaces, but does nothing about all the space around the cover. I like dense layouts, and what we have today is very airy.

The above notwithstanding, I recognize the validity of the 'usual user' argument. In the end, you (Kovid) must support them, not me. I have been wanting to explore UI plugins, and this may be my opportunity.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote