Thread: Silliness Using an electronic timer
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 05:25 AM   #10
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Well, yesterday I decided to have an easy meal - Pizza - and instead of just ordering one, I bought one to cook myself - a lot cheaper...

It said on the package to cook at 210 deg Celsius for 10-12 minutes... I set the timer for 10, and continued to read on MR... I thought a long time had passed, but the timer said more than 9 minutes left...

Then I smelled burned food! This couldn't be right... only seconds had passed! Got the pizza out of the oven - it was black alright.

I blamed the stupid timer, until I realised I had set it for 10 hours and not 10 minutes... Geeze!
You have absolutely no idea how thrilled I was to read your post.........I thought that I was the only one to do that sort of thing.

When I think back on some of the dumb things I've done in my lifetime I literally cringe.

Cheers.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote