View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 12:14 AM   #1
ManosHandsOfFate
Addict
ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, K3, Fire, Nexus 7
Preserving a 1721 Urry Chaucer?

I recognize that an eBook forum might not be the best place for this question but I'll give it a whirl.

My wife inherited a copy of the works of Chaucer published by John Urry in 1721. A quick search on the internet shows that it likely worth at least a couple grand.

This is what we have (picture from wikipedia)

It's been sitting on our buffet for a while now and I can't help but think that we should be doing something to protect it.

Does anyone know anything about preserving old books that would be helpful? I have no idea where to start.
ManosHandsOfFate is offline   Reply With Quote