View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 12:54 PM   #21
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Okay, the version shipped inside Sigil on Windows and Mac of the spanish dictionary is a straight MySpell level dictionary and as such the munch and unmunch tools will work.

I found an old copy of MySpell-3 stored on a google code archive and was able to easily build and run it on my Mac. This included munch and unmunch tools as well.

So with unmunch, I can take the es.aff (which describes prefixes and suffixes commonly used in Spanish along with the rules when they apply) and the es.dic files and create one long universal list of words recognized in all of its forms.

You can then add lots of new words. Or even create a new Prefixes or Suffixes flag if you know which ones might be missing and the rules for applying them.

Once we have that we can run munch to create the new .dic file. We can also add charmaps and replacement tables along with phonetic sound alike rules to help improve the suggestions generated.

So if this is something you would like to do, I would be happy to help. Once you get into Hunspell only features, then munch and unmunch will no longer work and you are on your own so to speak.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote