View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #568
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Now that Kobo and Amazon have announced their new goodies, I'm taking a serious look at the Aura HD again. The new Carta eInk on the KPW2 is appealing, along with what looks like pretty smooth software, but the size and PPI of the Aura HD are still unmatched. Unfortunately, it sounds like the glitchiness of the software is unmatched, too :/

Thank you for all of the reviews in this thread, especially those who have had the device for a while. It sounds like it might just be my best bet, given that the only feature I plan to use is the reader. Otherwise, content will be coming and going by way of my PC and Calibre.

My main reservation is the possibility of a new Android-based reader from B&N, with current-gen PPI and lighting, but I honestly don't think it would be a good business decision on their part and am inclined to bet against it.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote