View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #59
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Maybe so, but I was on the verge of finally deciding to join Goodreads, and this has soured me on the idea. Too much craziness.
I would wholeheartedly encourage you to give it a try! I just watch the drama, but my own experiences at GR have personally been great. I don't interact with many authors and have a private profile, and everyone on my friends list is known IRL or from somewhere like here. I follow a few genre groups for discussion and recommendations, and keep a shelf that's a visual walkthrough of the books on my Kindle that are in genres I don't usually read so that I can look through and find something when I'm looking for something new. Kind of a gallery tour, if you will.

You really get out of it what you put in. Most of my public interaction is in the Librarian group, as I love helping to maintain the database.
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote