View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #11
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Try not using iTunes when you have a failed over the air update.
Try using an iPad when an atomic bomb explodes next to your door.

Sue, whenever I give my recommendations about anything in this forum, I'm assuming standard operating conditions for the iDevice user. The 2013 standard is that the over-the-air update does not fail -- there is no reason for it to fail.

Quote:
Try not using it when you get the "connect to iTunes" screen.
You never get to see that screen anymore. That was back in 2011! That's my whole point.

Quote:
You need to accept that iTunes *is* still needed for some things.
No, definitely not. iTunes is no longer needed for anything at all today. I stand by my statement.

(Of course, if a user finds oneself in non-standard circumstances, then non-standard procedures may be required, such as reverting back to the obsolete, time-consuming, round-about iTunes way of doing things.)

Quote:
Not for books transfer, sure, but that is not the only use of iTunes. If you dont have it, how do you back up your information in case of such a situation?
You haven't noticed the arrival of iCloud backup back in 2011, Sue? I switched iCloud backup on back then, and have never looked back at the hassle that are iTunes backups.

Quote:
I had this happen two days ago and was VERY grateful for an encrypted backup in iTunes which made the restore completely painless... including my books and bookmarks.
I assure you that restoring your iDevice from an iCloud backup is even "more completely" painless , because you don't need anything other than the iDevice itself, and Internet access, to perform the restore.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote