Thread: Troubleshooting Bug in KF8 firmware for eInk Kindles?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
If anything, it's a bug that ADE does that, given the 'must' wording in the last sentence of the quote material. However, since the choice of which font to use for the keyword fonts is entirely a rendering engine choice, calling it a bug would be a bit harsh.
Thank you for your help. I just needed to know if I had to edit some eBooks to change the font name for those I've added embedded fonts to. I'll give "serif" a try and see how that gets on. See if it still allows a T1 to be able to change the font. The reason for using serif was so the T1 can change the font while also being able to render the embedded font. I'll report back once I know more.

As for calling this a bug for KF8, I was basing that on the way ADE performs. That was probably not the best way to do it. But, at least I know it's not a bug in KF8.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote