View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #539
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
These presumably are the documents which I linked to via Groklaw only a few posts ago, which when unredacted show that Apple was very selective about which parts were shown to the jury.

It was widely reported only a month ago that this pretty clearly debunked the argument that Samsung designers were given a deliberate steer to copy the iPhone, and that it was a shame that the jury were not given access to the full transcripts.

By all means argue that the Samsung Galaxy S ended up too close to the iPhone 3G for comfort, but please don't do it on the basis of discredited information, or we all end up going round in circles.

Graham
The document I saw was a powerpoint presentation comparing different elements of the UI. There were pages with Samsung and Apple icons side-by-side, with commentary along the lines of "Apple's icons look more polished because of the false reflections" and things of that nature, with an accompanying recommendation to hew more closely to their design cues.

Are we talking about the same thing?

EDIT: link to the document I am talking about.

There are 130 pages of blatant recommendations to copy almost every UI element of iOS. I don't see this being debunked in the Groklaw page you linked to.

Last edited by holymadness; 11-16-2012 at 04:55 PM.