View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
gris
Connoisseur
gris began at the beginning.

Device: m92, sonyt2,
hello! I'm new here!

i have the same question about the big readers, which one to buy?

what I know is, there is a difference in the display.

some points are important for me:

a good and relative easy support in dictionarys. somewhat like the prst1 has it would be perfect. i push the button and i get the translation, which is deep enough, and can be further looked in. not only at the infinitive. the more different language possible the better!

then i would want to read pdf books in all sort of science, or whatever format they are coming. but i think it is most pdf.

i want to read chm files, epub, html, maybe getting newspapers and magazines on the device.

notes are not so important to me.

at the moment i found the pocketbook 912 and the onyx boox m92. but i'm not quite sure which of the two is better for me, since I want a quite stable thing. I'm not so good in programming, it interests me a little, but can't put too much effort in at the moment

I read about many discussing in the onyx forum about firmware, bugs, and problems. Don't know, but that already sounded like a little too much work for me.

if the pocketbook is just some what slower, but can do the things better I would prefer it.

i think is the higher price about 100$ worth the onyx92, or is it too unstable? but I'm ready to buy more, when i get with what i'm more lucky.

sure perfect would be an e-ink color device with all perfect features. don't really want to read and research all that stuff, maybe you can help! guess many others will have similar questions!

Last edited by gris; 11-06-2012 at 01:36 PM.
gris is offline   Reply With Quote