View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
Themus
Zealot
Themus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook
My ePubs render differently on Android, Apple and Aldiko

I have spent about a year creating ePubs using Word. The titles are in Black with a line and author below it in Teal. I have various styles used throughout.

I save them as WebPage Filtered and import then into Calibre. I convert them and bring them into Aldiko. They look good.

If I bring them into other eReaders, I get different results. Moon+ Reader doesn't have the Title and author right along with other issues.

Stanza does a pretty good job on the Apple Ipad, except my paragraph spacing is wrong and is the same throughout the rendering despite being different in the original document. It's all or nothing as far as indents despite having them set differently in the original.

ShuBook doesn't see any of my styles, for example my bold text. That which I manually highlighted in bold in the original Word file, do show up bold. Seems none of the styles are recognized in this eReader.

Is there no universal language to make these different applications see the text the same?

What is the secret if there is one for making an ePub rendering somewhat the same on different platforms or eReaders.

Thank you in Advance.
Tom
Themus is offline   Reply With Quote