View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 06:53 AM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I think it depends on the writer and their technique. If you noticed Steven Lyle Jordan's recent posts he is making an outline, realized some issue and is reworking it all without beginning writing yet. Other writers have to 'explore' the idea or the characters before they figure out what the story is and/or the plot.

John Irving never starts writing until he has the perfect last line and then he works backwards.

Personally I've only written a few novels (none published) and have ripped out chapters and replaced them or rearranged them. I have never "burned down" a novel. I probably have done something similar to short stories but that's not nearly as impactful as with a novel (depending on how far along you are).

Good Luck!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote