View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #46
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
I successfully set up scratchbox2 and a debian (wheezy) armel debootstrap on my Fedora (16) 64bit system. I have a great environment for cross-compilation now. In most cases I don't have to change anything and pass no special compiler variables, e.g. Python (together with most modules like sqlite) can be compiled directly without modifications or compiler flags. This is of interest for anybody, who's looking for a possibility to cross-compile for M92 and doesn't want to set up an x86 VM or mess around with clunky compiler flags and linux-arm-gcc etc... I think I will write a short HowTo for the wiki in the next few days/weeks.

Unfortunately, PyQt and PySide still pose big challenges - not because of cross-compilation itself but because they don't support WS_QWS (embedded qt) natively. At least, the patches from https://bitbucket.org/dboddie/pyqt4-for-embedded-linux/ let me compile PyQt 4.8.5 successfully. But for complicated reasons, the resulting PyQt4 module is not working when transferred to the M92 - at the moment I'm trying to work around those problems, but there's always something else coming up... And compilation of PyQt takes several hours every time - so this is a rather exhausting thing to do ;-)

Last edited by tuxor; 04-25-2012 at 05:45 PM.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote