View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post
Hi there.

Long story - but after three calls to customer support, I was finally able the Touch "fired up" and all that. Like I said, long story.

After that, though - (I'm asking you all these Sorry if these have been addressed in other threads - but I'm not finding them...)

My touch screen seems not so responsive in some respects. For example, when I go to Reading Life, or any other other pages that require a tap of a back arrow, the wait seems quite long for a screen change. Stranger still are any pages that have an upper right "X" to close out a page. Those have some super-long wait times. This is a matter of touch and "hold;" correct? But still....five seconds or more is what it takes. Is that about right/normal?

I've got plenty of ghosting going on in this device. I'd read that there is a way to set your page refresh. Where/how is that done? Any recommendations?

Thanks so much, from a naive noob.
Pages that have an upper right "X" only need a light tap to close the page. For the Touch, a tap and hold is only used to bring up the dictionary and highlights. To reduce ghosting, open a book, tap in the center of the book to bring up the reading menu at the bottom of the page then tap the symbol for the options menu (four stacked lines) and select Advanced Settings and change Page Refresh to 1 Page. Enjoy your new e-reader!

Regards,
Joe
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote